[GCC-XML]Problem with include-directory of visual c++

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Aug 5 17:15:09 EDT 2002

Katleen,

> I'm a student and I search a parser to extract basic structures from C++
> code (classes, inheritance, data members (name, type), static data
> members, member functions, ...).

GCC-XML is an excellent choice for this purpose.  This is specifically the
reason it was written.

> I've installed the .exe for windows (Version 0.2 pre-compiled Windows
> installer). I've also the Visual C++ version 6 as compiler. When I run
> the program with input test.cpp :
>
> #include <iostream>
>
> int main () {
>     std::cout << "test";
>     return 0;
> }
>
> then I get a lot of errors when I do : "gccxml test.cpp
> -fxml=output.xml". The errors occur in the .h files of the
> include-directory of my visual c++ (xstring.h, etc ...). I probably do
> something wrong with the parameters?

I'll need a little more information.  Here are a few things to do:

 - Check the directory where you installed GCC-XML.
    * What are the contents of the "config" file in this directory?
    * Is there a "VcInclude" subdirectory present?  If so, what files
      are present?

 - Was MSVC 6 installed before you installed GCC-XML, or did you install
   it afterwards?

 - What is the output of the following command?

     gccxml test.cpp -fxml=output.xml --print

Thanks,