[GCC-XML]GCC_XML tag?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Mar 18 22:33:19 EST 2002

Eduardo,

> I have tried to run kitware's example, but my compiler doesn't
> recognize the '-quiet' option, and the output i get is different from
> the kitware one.
These options are supposed to be used with GCC-XML, not your compiler.
If there is an error in the documentation, please let me know.

> My problem is that compiling itk, parser does not recognize <GCC_XML>
> tag.
You are using the version from CVS, but you need the release tarball.
GCC_XML has been re-written, and Cable has yet to be updated.  I thought I
updated Cable's documentation for this (on its home page).  If I missed
part of this, please tell me.

Sorry for the poor documentation.  I'm currently re-writing Cable to use
the new GCC-XML output.  In the long run, it will be much easier to use
(and produce smaller xml files), but it is a work in progress.  In a few
weeks, I should have the re-write done, and new documentation will be
written.