[GCC-XML]Why does gccxml.exe demand MSVC on Windows?

Mike Capp aphelion at clara.co.uk
Tue Feb 25 16:38:08 EST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:27:14 -0500 (EST), Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>
wrote:

> The zipfile is a binary for the windows build of GCC-XML, which does not
> understand cygwin paths.  In order to simulate g++ in cygwin, you need a
> cygwin build of GCC-XML.  Download the source tarball and build it in
> cygwin.  You'll need to install the CMake 1.6.x package from the cygwin
> installer.

[snippage]

Thanks for the reply. But I don't understand why "cygwin paths" are an
issue - I'm using MinGW (http://www.mingw.org), which doesn't use cygwin,
and I don't have cygwin installed on this box.

It's not a big deal, since it looks like I can bypass gccxml.exe and call
gccxml_cc1plus.exe directly. I just wondered.

Thanks again, both for the reply and for a great tool.

Mike