[GCC-XML]Exception specifiers?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 12 17:32:49 EDT 2003

Hi Nicodemus,

> > The specifiers are currently not dumped, but they shouldn't be hard to
> > add.  I'll look into it when I get some time, but it may not be for a
> > couple weeks.
>
> Excellent, thanks a lot.

I've finally had time to implement this.  The support is now in the CVS
version of GCC-XML.  You'll have to build the gccxml_cc1plus executable to
get it.  The dump appears as follows:

void foo1();     // No change to dump.
void foo2() throw();   // Dumps throw="" attribute in the function.
void foo3() throw(int, float);   // Dumps throw="_6 _9" attribute.

The "throw" attribute is a space-separated list of the types the function
can throw (in no particular order).  If the attribute is present but has
no types listed, the throw specification "throw()" was given in the
source.  If the attribute is not present, there was no throw
specification.