[GCC-XML]Still isn't running, but the errors are getting more interesting

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 10 17:57:56 EDT 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Victor A. Wagner, Jr. wrote:

> Thanks for all your help on this... I'm puzzled about:
> > > C:\Projects\K2\Projects\GCC_XML\Release\vcInstall.exe
> > > C:\Projects\K2\Projects\GCC_XML\Release\vcInstallPatch.exe
> > > C:\Projects\K2\Projects\GCC_XML\VcInstall\vcPatch.exe
> am I supposed to ignore those?  the notes don't seem to say.
> (I did finally run    release\vcinstall vcinstall which built a Vc71
> directory with some corrected include files in it.)

Yes, ignore them.  The vcInstall.exe should have been executed
automatically by the build process.  There should be a Vc71 directory when
the build finishes without manual interaction.  Please remove Vc71 and
vcInstall_stamp.c and re-run the build.

> the local Vc71 directory is clearly mentioned before the system
> directories... I'm puzzled how the parser is getting the wrong includes.

That is strange.  I've just tried your test case (in-source build, msvc
7.1, Release configuration), and gccxml works fine.  I haven't tried it
through pyste, though.

Please create a small mytest.cxx file in your build tree containing just

#include <typeinfo>

And run gccxml like this:

Release\gccxml mytest.cxx -fxml=mytest.xml --debug

Then send me the output.  It should show the exact command line used to
run gccxml_cc1plus.

Thanks,