[GCC-XML]Emitting mangled names in gccxml

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 27 13:33:34 EST 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Paul Ross wrote:

> It strikes me that that it might be useful emit the mangled names in the
> gccxml output. It would extend the usefulness of gccxml as an ABI and BC
> tool.

It used to be included in an early version, but was removed because it
produces GCC's mangled names, not the mangled names of the compiler whose
headers were used to preprocess the code.  However, we could add it again
if your purpose does not care about the real compiler's mangling.

> The other neat feature of this is that mangled names can act as XML IDs
> since the name mangling encoding conforms with the requirements of an
> XML name and, naturally enough, the mangled name is unique.

Unfortunately XML only allows one ID attribute per element, and the "id"
attribute already uses it.

> I got this working today (I think!) with the following:

Those changes look okay to me.  I'll merge them when I get a chance in the
next few days. Thanks.