[GCC-XML]cygwin and gccxml

Dean Sturtevant deansturtevant at comcast.net
Sat Feb 14 10:33:34 EST 2004

Hi - I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in the archives.
I'm working on a Win2K system, and have Cygwin installed with gcc 3.2. How do I use gccxml? No matter what I pass to it I get the error message

Compiler "cl" is not supported by GCC_XML because none of MSVC 6, 7, or 7.1 is installed.
Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.

I tried downloading the source and building from instructions (note that CMake caused an illegal instruction in the Win2K 16-bit subsystem NTVDM, but seemed to work anyway). This time, when I tried to run gccxml, I got:

$ gccxml foo.h
: not found
.: Can't open /tmp/gccxml_identify_compiler2496.pp: No such file or directory
""  " executing "/usr/local/share/gccxml-0.6/gccxml_find_flags "c++.exe"
Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.