[GCC-XML]problem with new cvs gccxml

Kevin Powell KPowell at sirf.com
Thu Jan 22 13:44:26 EST 2004

I checked out and built the new GccXml on cygwin(using the really great new CMake build scripts).

However, there was a problem:

	$ gccxml -fxml=~/src/xmltest/xmltest.xml ~/src/xmltest/xmltest.cpp
	/home/KPowell/src/xmltest/xmltest.cpp:7: internal compiler error: tree check:
	   expected class 'd', have '1' (cast_expr) in cp_line_of, at cp/error.c:2234
	Please submit a full bug report,
	See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

The test file is trivial :

$ cat ~/src/xmltest/xmltest.cpp
typedef int myint;

myint testfunc(myint a, myint b);

myint testfunc(myint a, myint b) {

        return a+b;
}

Is anyone else having problems with the new version?

I ran the same command under strace and noticed that the system cc1plus is opened before the gccxml version. otherwise, I havent tried to debug the problem.

Kevin Powell