[Fwd: [GCC-XML] XSLT: getting the "object tree" from GCC-XML output]

Olli Savolainen os69549 at uta.fi
Thu Jul 29 02:44:04 EDT 2004

Doug Gregor wrote:
> XPath function. I've attached an optimized version of your stylesheet,
> which xsltproc handles in 0.3 seconds on my G4 Mac (with the same
> output, but see below).
>
>> ii. however, looping through the array elements doesn't work with msxml
>> either: it seems to <xsl:apply-templates> only for the first round of
>> the loop.
>
> This is just a simple omission; when calling "countdown" recursively you
> need to pass something for the "type" parameter; I've made this addition
> on line 160 of the attached stylesheet; remove this line to get the
> exact same output that you were getting with msxml with the stylesheet
> you sent.

Oh, thank you so much! (=. I've been banging my head against a wall for
a bit too long with this (I'd probably have noticed the latter bug
myself at some point, though).

When I faced this problem in the first place I thought this was so
general a problem that one would think someone might have solved it
already. So I'm just asking if anyone else thinks that it would be worth
it to make the stylesheet more complete, with functions and the rest ;)
(and the vocabulary made less specific to our project) and/or publish
the thing more visibly on the gcc-xml download page or similar?

Just a thought, the code is mostly not mine anyway (=.

Sincerely (and gratefully),
Olli Savolainen