[GCC-XML]"__thread" now a reserved word in gcc 3.3

Dan Halbert halbert at jubilee.bbn.com
Thu Mar 4 22:08:49 EST 2004

  >From: "Niall Douglas" <s_sourceforge at nedprod.com>
  >On 4 Mar 2004 at 16:33, Dan Halbert wrote:
  >
  >> We are using gcc 3.2.2 on a RH7.3 system.
  >
  >Why don't you move to something newer? RH7.3's thread support is
  >fundamentally broken in a number of areas and I vaguely remember
  >reading about issues running GCC v3.4 on it.

Ah, the confines of the marketplace. Our customers (and -their-
downstream customers) use RH7.3 or RH AS2.1, and are a conservative
lot. They link with our libraries as well as just run our executables.
At least we got to use gcc 3.2.2 (3.0.2 before that) and not that
awful "2.96". And one of our upstream suppliers is still on gcc 3.1
and won't advance for months. We don't use actually use pthreads
directly - it's via ACE and TAO.

Dan