[GCC-XML]ID attribute

Jason Stanek jstanek at iastate.edu
Wed Mar 17 01:36:36 EST 2004

Greetings,

I'm new to GCCXML and to XML in general.  I've been working on some DOM
Java code to read in the XML data and then perform some lookups and the
like.  I'm trying to use the Document.getElementById function of DOM to
lookup various classes, methods, etc.  But unfortunately, it always returns
null.  In the javadoc it mentions that elementID must be set for this to
work.  It also says the existence of an id attribute does not mean I can
look the element up with getElementById.  I'm unsure if I am supposed to
programmatically set elementID or if this is something that should be
specified in the XML file.  Is anyone familiar with this problem or have
any suggestions?

Thanks.
-Jason