[GCC-XML]Substituing gccxml to gcc

Sébastien Pierre sebastien.pierre at adival.com
Tue Mar 30 04:44:49 EST 2004

Hi all,

I recently came across gccxml in my quest for a way to create a
structural representation for a program written in C and C++. My aim is
to create a graph where nodes are functions, classes and namespaces, and
where function calls are represented by arcs between function nodes.

I tried the example given in the "Running" page of the gccxml website,
which worked fine. Then I added an "#include <stdio.h>" and added a
"printf("Hello World!\n");" in the `a_function' code, to see if a
function body (and in my case, calls to functions) were represented in
the XML output.

At first, gccxml did not found stdio.h :
example1.c:1:19: no include path in which to find stdio.h

Then I added -I/usr/include, which gave me a bunch or errors.

So I have some questions to the gccxml experts :

- Is gccxml able to parse C code (not C++) ?
- Does gccxml represent calls to other functions within a function body ?
- How could I solve the problem with inclusions ?

I am running gccxml-0.6 under a Fedora derivated distro with gcc-3.3.

TIA,

 -- Sébastien