[GCC-XML] trouble running gccxml

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 8 09:26:44 EST 2004

    Brad> John Hunter wrote:
    >> Build process mkdir gccxml-build/ cd gccxml-build/ cmake
    >> ../GCC_XML > & cmake.out

    Brad> Where did you get the source tree?  If the top of your build
    Brad> was "GCC_XML" instead of "gccxml-0.6.0" or "gccxml" then you
    Brad> did not get the entire source tree.  You are missing the
    Brad> part that builds the patched GCC parser, which is the
    Brad> executable at which GCCXML_EXECUTABLE is supposed to point.

I got it from http://www.gccxml.org/files/v0.6/gccxml-0.6.0.tar.gz.  I
think I see my mistake.  I did 'mkdir gccxml-build' from within the
gccxml-0.6.0 dir and then from the build dir did 'cmake ../GCC_XML'.

What I was supposed to do was make the build dir outside the
gccxml-0.6.0 and then do 'cmake ../gccxml-0.6.0', which is now working
for me.

Thanks!
JDH