[GCC-XML] seg faults on iostream, STL, etc.

John Morrison jm at mak.com
Fri Oct 22 21:21:48 EDT 2004

Hi All;

I am a gccxml newbie posting with some trepidation.  I am trying to run
gccxml over a large, g++ 3.3.3-friendly source code deck (also builds on
IRIX, Solaris, MSVC, and .NET, so the code cannot be THAT
non-conformant).  Quite unexpectedly (to me), gccxml is choking and
giving me seg faults on about half the few dozen libraries, and giving
me source code diagnostics on the rest (I cannot get a single library
processed).  Environment is Linux FC2.

Complaints are often on system files

[jm at jmorrison include]$ gccxml --gccxml-compiler g++ --gccxml-cxxflags
-D_REENTRANT -D__linux__ -D__redHat9__ -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS  -I.
-I../vrfVrlinkExt/libsrc/vrfExtProtocol -I../VR-Link/include
-I../terrainToolkit/libsrc/terrainCS -I../terrainToolkit/libsrc/gdb
-I../terrainToolkit/libsrc/geometry
-I../terrainToolkit/libsrc/geometryNative -I../zlib -fPIC dtedInc.h
-fxml=~/MaK/Lisp/GCCXML/FOO/dted.xml
/usr/include/c++/3.3.3/iostream:1980: internal compiler error: Segmentation
  fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
[jm at jmorrison include]$

There are also some in the STL (stl_map).  Do I really send preprocessed
input (run with -E), and maybe send the --debug output, as attached
files?  They'll be kind of big, and I do not want to flood people's
inboxes with these large files.

Thanks,

-jm

--