[GCC-XML] GCCXML_FLAGS and misc problems

k a kelfie at lycos.com
Mon Sep 6 12:29:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am having problems when running GCCXML by forking a process and executing it under Linux. When I run GCCXML directly on the command line, it runs fine. However, when I exec in a C program, I keep getting the following errors:
===
<path>/GCCXML/share/gccxml-0.6/gccxml_find_flags: line 42: cat: command not found
<path>/GCCXML/share/gccxml-0.6/gccxml_find_flags: line 55: gcc: command not found
<path>/GCCXML/share/gccxml-0.6/gccxml_find_flags: line 58: rm: command not found
Error executing "/home/kelvinau/project/xi32/jut_install/support/GCCXML/share/gccxml-0.6/gccxml_find_flags gcc "
Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.
===

I checked the gccxml_config file, and the content is:
===
GCCXML_COMPILER="gcc"
GCCXML_CXXFLAGS=""
===

Another problem is also relating to running GCCXML in a C program (I'm unsure whether it's related to the problem above). Using execvp, the arguments I pass to GCCXML are in the form of an array of char*. However, when it executes, it seems not to be taking -D or -I options, since a lot of errors are shown as a result (typical compile errors). Again, if I repeat this but running GCCXML directly, it works.

Please advise on the above problems. Thanks a lot indeed!

Kelf