[GCC-XML] pragmas, preprocessor

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Sep 8 18:29:08 EDT 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:

> I'm very impressed by gccxml - it's able to parse the windows header
> files without any problem!

Thanks.  It is actually only able to do that because the installer
copies some of the windows header files from your compiler's
installation to its own install location and then patches them to make
them parsable.

> I'm trying to use it to create Python wrappers for the structures and
> functions declared in the header files for the ctypes project.
>
> The problem I have now is that MSVC uses pragmas to specify the packing
> alignment for structure and union members.  Is it somehow possible to
> get these pragmas?

I do not think this is possible through GCC-XML directly.  However, I'd
be interested in knowing why you need this to generate wrappers.  I bet
there is another solution such as setting up the generated wrapper code
to detect these values at compile time when needed.