[GCC-XML] pragmas, preprocessor

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Sep 22 16:15:49 EDT 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:
> First tests show that this patch seems to do what I want.
> Now that I've been playing with this stuff, I'll think about what I need
> further;-)
 > +   fprintf (xdi->file, " align=\"%d\"", TYPE_ALIGN(rt));
 > +

This looks like a good start.  However, it may not solve your problem.
Unless pragmas are actually given I wouldn't be surprised if GCC's
parser produced different alignments than the actual binaries from MSVC
would have for a structure.  You may not be able to get away from the
approach of compiling small programs with the original compiler.

> Again, I'm impressed how smoothless the build worked - CMake seems to be
> the next great tool!

Thanks!