[GCC-XML] Re: Is MS VC++ .Net 2003 supported by GCC XML ?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu May 12 13:45:46 EDT 2005

Philippe Charman wrote:
> I use GCC XML with MSVC 7.0 for quite a long time and everything's
>
> fine. I have to work now with MSVC 7.1 (ie MS VC++ .Net 2003) but
>
> it seems this version is not supported  by GCC XML. Do you know
>
> how to make GCC XML work with MSVC 7.1 ?

Just specify "msvc71" instead of "msvc70" as the compiler:

gccxml --gccxml-compiler msvc71 ...

If you installed VC 7.1 after GCC-XML then the simplest fix is to just
reinstall GCC-XML.  Alternatively, you can try running
gccxml_vcupdate.bat if you are running from an installed GCC-XML.  If
you built GCC-XML from source then you have to build it again so it can
detect the availability of VC 7.1.