[GCC-XML] [Announce] pygccxml 0.6

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Mon May 16 06:44:11 EDT 2005

Hi. I would like announce of new version of pygccxml (0.6.0).

What is this?

The purpose of pygccxml is to read file generated by GCC-XML and provide simple
framework to navigate C++ declarations using python classes. pygccxml
is open source
library written in python. It uses boost software license
( http://boost.org/more/license_info.html )

What is development status?

Well I think it could be used in production. It has stable api, more
then 50 tests, good documentation and there are some performance
tests.

What it does, except parsing xml?

First of all parsing xml done using SAX api, hence parsing is pretty quick.
Consider next situation: you have to parse the same set of files every
day. There are 2 possibilities to complete the task:
* Create header file that includes all files you need to parse
* Parse each file separately and then to join the results
pygccxml support both modes of work, moreover in second mode it can
use cache, in order to speed up the work. That's not all. Do you aware
of boost::type_traits ( http://boost.org/libs/type_traits/index.html )
library ? If yes pygccxml has similar functionality. Well there are a
lot of other things pygccxml does.

If you like or want to try\use can download it from
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=118209

pygccxml home page is http://pygccxml.sourceforge.net/.

Hope, it will be useful for you as for me. Any comments, suggestions
are welcome.

Roman.