[GCC-XML] Function bodies

Richard Buchmann Richard.Buchmann at lip6.fr
Mon Jan 9 04:29:15 EST 2006

> Hello, List.
>
> I recently started working on function bodies. I try to merely dump the
> internal syntax tree.
>
> I have some questions:
> 1) Is there anybody, who's already working on this? I don't want to re-do
> somebody else's work. Maybe we could work together.
> 2) How can I map a function call in a body to the ID it is assigned in the
> declaration?
> 3) How would you suggest integration of my code? By now it's a simple #include
> into xml.c (bad-style, I know, but I was merely testing).
>
> Best regards,
> DJ

Hello,

All I know is that we are 2 people that did it.
I was unable to get the previous work of the first people so I worked on it
from 'scratch'.

I can send the files. Feel free to ask.

My implementation of function body dumping use GCCXML Revision: 1.64 (2002/10/29). There is a lot of modification into xml.c/xml.h and a new file "xml-body.c".

Data type definitions stick the abstract syntax tree of GCC. Take a look here
: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Trees.html#Trees
So, expression nodes are : Abs, Negate, Plus, Minus, Mult, etc.
Statement nodes are : CompoundStmt, ExprStmt, If, Return, Switch, CaseLabel, etc.
Function nodes are : Constructor, ConstructorExpr, Method, OperatorFunction,
Converter, etc.

OK, if you want get it and merge with the very last gccxml version, you have
to work... but this work would be very appreciate :)

Best Regards,

--
Richard Buchmann
Mail    : Richard.Buchmann at lip6.fr