[GCC-XML] internal compiler error

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon May 22 10:59:42 EDT 2006

Moritz Bunse wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I heard from a member of this mailinglist that I'm not
> able to run the 0.7.0 version of gccxml, because the software I use only
> supports gccxml 0.6.0. So I have to concentrate on solving the problems
> with gccxml 0.6.0 in a 64 Bit environment, as I posted before
> (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/gccxml/2006-May/000766.html) It's
> just the same error with an compiler 3.2.3:
>
> /usr/local/include/c++/3.2.3/new:79: error: `operator new' takes type
> `size_t'
>   (`unsigned int') as first parameter
>
> A test program says sizeof(size_t)=8 as it should be in 64 Bit.

These problems have already been fixed in GCC-XML from CVS.  You'll have
to backport the changes to 0.6.0 yourself as I'm no longer supporting
it.  The output of the CVS version is not too much different from the
0.6 version: it just includes some extra elements/attributes.  I think
your time is better spent updating the software reading the output to
support the newer output.