[GCC-XML] Problems running GCCXML (latest CVS snapshot) on Windows

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:13:55 EDT 2006

On 10/9/06, Natschläger Thomas <Thomas.Natschlaeger at scch.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've a problem with gccxml on my current project: I use Py++ (which uses gccxml) to create Python bindings. On my Linux box everything works out great with the latest version of GCCXML (CVS snapshot) and Py++ (0.81).
>
> Now I wanted to port the project to Windows. My C++ classes compile fine with MSVC 7.1 (and the C++ unit tests all run perfect). I compiled gccxml using MSVC 7.1 and wanted to run it on my C++ sources (which worked perfectly under Linux) and now gccxml fails. In my project I'm using STLPORT (5.1) and the BOOST libraries (1.33.1, with STLPORT support). The errors I'm getting are either within STLPORT or within BOOST.
>
> Does anyone have any hints what I'm doing wrong here?

I think nothing. GCC-XML has few problems here and there on Windows. It is also
contains the mechanism that allows to work around them. It has "Support"
directory with files that are used instead of "native" ones. So I
think it can help you.

There is also few other ways to solve your problem:
1. Do you have to use STLPort for Py++? I mean you are not going to export
    STL, right? So may be you can create XML file using MSVC STL.

2. I had same problem with Boost.Date_Time library. I solved it by creating
    XML file on Linux and using it on Windows. You can see the full
solution here:
    http://tinyurl.com/l4fpu

--
Roman Yakovenko