[GCC-XML] How to build setup version?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 17 09:06:29 EDT 2006

Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> On 10/16/06, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Roman Yakovenko wrote:
>> > Hi. I would like to distribute binaries of GCC-XML with pygccxml.
>> > Actually I want to
>> > create setup file for GCC-XML and distribute it. Any hint where I
>> > should start is welcome.
>>
>> You could look into CPack in CMake 2.4.  It is still in beta and not
>> well documented but it is meant for this kind of thing.  If you look in
>> CMake from CVS you will see references to CPack to create the CMake
>> release packages.
>
> Thanks. I will take a look on it.
>
> I think, I asked too general question. I actually wanted to know:
> 1. directory layout - is it same as in 0.6.0

Yes.  There are just a few more directories.  The basic install
structure is unchanged.

> 2. how GCC-XML setup file knows what compiler it should "use".

The compiler is selected at runtime.  The installer detects all
available VS versions (see next paragraph).  Support for all other
compilers is also installed in case they are available.

> 3. What is responsibility of VcInstall directory and patches within it?

The license of the VS library does not allow me to copy and patch the
headers and distribute them in the GCC-XML source.  Instead I detect at
install time what VS compilers are installed, copy their headers on the
target machine, and then patch them.

> 4. Do you have source code( and you can release it ) of windows
> installer 0.6.0?

The windows installer for 0.6.0 was created by a commercial tool.
Without it I don't think the config file will help (it's binary IIRC).