[GCC-XML] Source structure of GCCXML

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Oct 18 14:58:12 EDT 2006

Samuele Kaplun wrote:
> Hello to all the list.
> I'm wondering if a sort of documentation about the sources of GCCXML exists.
> Or can somebody (very patient) explain me briefly how GCCXML is organized.
> For example, supposing I want to implement the parsing of functions body,
> what files should I begin to make familiar with?

There are two components:

1.) A patched GCC 3.3 parser.  This is in the GCC directory.  The xml
dump code itself is in GCC/gcc/cp/xml.c, and this is where you should
begin to add features.

2.) A front-end to compute the flags for the parser needed to simulate
the preprocessor of the target compiler.  This is in the GCC_XML directory.

If you search the list archives you will find mention of other users
that have implemented function body dumping already.