[GCC-XML] Trouble running cmake on gccxml

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Dec 7 08:30:19 EST 2007

Tony wrote:
> I run cmake at home on gcc-xml on VC8Express and everything is fine.
>
> I run cmake 2.4.7 at work on VC8 Pro and everything is fine.
>
> I uninstalled VC8Express cleanly, and installed VC8 Pro cleanly at
> home. Then running cmake fails to create the GCC_XML/Support/Vc8/*
> patched headers.

This registry entry is used to detect Vc8:

  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0;InstallDir

Make sure your installation has it.

Did you build from scratch after changing the compiler or try to use an
existing GCC-XML build?  In order to re-run detection from an existing
build tree, remove the GCC_XML/vcInstall_stamp.c file from the build
tree and build again (no need to clean).  The problem is that there is
no easy way to create a dependency on the non-existence of a VS version
so that the build will re-run the rule that detects VS versions when a
new one is installed.

If you installed it, then just run the gccxml_vcupdate program found in
the installation tree to detect the new compiler.