[GCC-XML] Error with vcInstallPatch building

Coockie_jr achille.talon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:09:28 EDT 2007

Thanks for your reply !

I reinstalled VS and didn't apply the SP, and now the patchs work again.
This is so weird because my last install of VC way like 4 weeks ago.
Now I'm just "scared" to install the service pack :/
At least we know this is not a language issue (or perhaps only for the
service pack)

The english VS 2005 SP1 is identified by this registry key:

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\InstalledProducts\KB926601
>
> Do you have it?  If not, what are the keys under
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\InstalledProducts
>
> ?

I haven't got this key. I only got sub directory with the different VS
products I installed and nothing that looks like your key inside them.
This is maybe due to the lack of SP1.

Can you try to apply one of the other VS8 patch files by hand?

Thanks,
> -Brad

I tried every more or less reasonable patch but they all failed.

Anyway thanks again for your time and help!
I'll try the service pack...