[GCC-XML] Problem using GCC_XML with msvc8

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 30 16:35:51 EDT 2007

Robert Dailey wrote:
> I need to use GCC_XML with either mingw g++.exe or gcc.exe, or visual
> studio 2005. In the binary release provided on the website I can use
> neither of these. I've also done a checkout of the GCC_XML folder in CVS
> and I can't figure out what to do with it. How can I make GCC_XML work
> with either the GCC compiler or MSVC8? I am actually surprised that it
> doesn't support /mingw/bin/gcc.exe.

Most of the support for a compiler is related to running the compiler
executable to figure out where it keeps the standard include files and a
few other details.  Support for MinGW's gcc has not been implemented.
You can manually configure this stuff if necessary...see the
GCCXML_CONFIG setting in the docmentation.

There is support for MSVC8 in the CVS source.  If you checkout the
source and build it with MSVC8 using CMake you will get a gccxml
executable that supports VC8.