[GCC-XML] Re: gccxml Digest, Vol 37, Issue 5

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Sep 27 18:36:42 EDT 2007

Grant Gordon wrote:
> I also had issues building the project that I checked out from cvs. I am
> running windows XP and building the solution in Visual Studio Pro 2005
> with service pack 1 (KB926601) installed. In my source tree, I have all
> the patch files that are listed in the thread with Coockie_jr. The error
> was in vcInstallPatch, here is the output:
>
> Generating ../vcInstall_stamp.c
> Executing C:\gccxml-cvs\gccxml\GCC_XML\VcInstall\vccat.exe
> C:\gccxml-cvs\gccxml\GCC_XML\VcInstall\vc8sp1Include.patch |

It is clearly using the patch meant for SP1, and you have SP1 installed
when getting the error.  There is no problem with the registry entry
selection.

> However, when I uninstall the service pack for visual studio, the build
> passes without any issues. Unlike coockie_jr, I do not have KB926607 in
> my registry. What I have is
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\InstalledProducts\KB926601
>

> which is the english version, also released on 6/30/2007 and downloaded from
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BB4A75AB-E2D4-4C96-B39D-37BAF6B5B1DC&displaylang=en
> <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BB4A75AB-E2D4-4C96-B39D-37BAF6B5B1DC&displaylang=en>
>
> Just wanted to give a heads up that its not only an issue with the
> KB926607 update that coockie_jr had and I'm wondering if there are any
> other known workarounds other than uninstalling the service pack.

I have SP1 with the KB926601 registry entry and it works fine.

There is something very strange going wrong with the patching process.
I had coockie_jr send me a tarball of his header files and they were
byte-for-byte identical to mine.  I even applied the vc8sp1Include.patch
file that fails for you two to the very tree I extracted from his
tarball and it worked.

Do you have cygwin or another patching tool installed?  If you manually
copy your header tree and apply the patch does it work?