[GCC-XML] problem with gcc 3.4.6

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 12 12:45:03 EDT 2008

Stefan Roiser wrote:
> No when invoking gccxml_cc1plus with -undef __GXX_WEAK__ does not appear
> anymore. On the other hand when I invoke gccxml with --debug I see it
> appear again explicitly.
[snip]
> Using the following arguments to GCC-XML executable:
>   "-undef"
>   "-D__GXX_WEAK__=1"

This means that it *is* coming from the native compiler's list of
definitions.  In this test you reported:

echo | /usr/bin/c++ -E -dD - | grep GXX_WEAK

try adding "-x c++" to the options to make sure it treats the
translation unit as c++.  Look at the script

  gccxml/GCC_XML/Support/GCC/find_flags

in the source tree to see where the native flags get detected.