[GCC-XML] detection of templeted member function inside template class ?

Damien Fagnou damien-f at moving-picture.com
Thu Aug 14 06:47:09 EDT 2008

Hi ,

I am trying to use gccxml on the OpenEXR Libraries .
its an heavily templated project and in case like :

template <class T> class Matrix44
{
  public:

    T x[4][4];

    // this is not
    template <class S>
    const Matrix44 &    setAxisAngle (const Vec3<S>& ax, S ang);

    /// this is seen by gccxml
    const Matrix44 &    setScale (T s);
}

I make sure that Matrix44<float > is instanciate doing
sizeof(Matrix44<float >) somewhere in my code .

I also make sure I use the template member function :

Matrix44<float > myMat;
myMat.setAxisAngle( Imath::V3f(1.0,0.0,0.0) , 20.0  );

but nothing does it ,

setScale is in the xml output but not setAxisAngle.

I have read some post about the problem but none that provide some sort
of solution or workaround ?
it would be ok I had to write a little be of code in some header to help
gccxml just dont know what ;)

any help would be very appreciated

Damien