[GCC-XML] Failed when building on Cygwin

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Aug 6 14:11:28 EDT 2009

Eli Golovinsky wrote:
> I'm building GCC-XML and I followed the instructions in the Readme file
> and cmake choked.
[snip]
> running /usr/bin/sh.exe
> "/cygdrive/c/Perforce/Archive/h2xml/gccxml-source/gccxml/GCC/config_cmake/gcc_platform.sh"
> "/cygdrive/c/Perforce/Archive/h2xml/gccxml-source/gccxml-build/GCC/config_cmake/gcc_platform.cmake"
> "/usr/bin/cmake.exe"  2>&1
> /cygdrive/c/Perforce/Archive/h2xml/gccxml-source/gccxml/GCC/config.guess:
> line 6: $'\r': command not found

Here CMake is running gcc's platform identification shell script.
The cygwin shell does not like windows-style newlines (CRLF==\r\n).
Somehow that config.guess file ended up with windows newlines.

How did you obtain the source?

What does cygwin's "mount" tool report for its location
(textmode or binmode)?