[GCC-XML] gccxml_builtins.h and MMX instructions

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jul 23 08:50:44 EDT 2010

On 07/23/2010 08:29 AM, Jason Roelofs wrote:
> They all seem to work except for methods that get cast to the __m64 type, like
>
> __builtin_ia32_cvtps2pi
> __builtin_ia32_cvttps2pi
> __builtin_ia32_pmaxsw
>
> and I can't find any more information than what the compiler is giving me
> which leaves me as stuck right now. If someone knows more about this and
> can help me out I'd appreciate it.

It's possible that these conversions are implemented in Apple's version of
gcc.  Our gccxml patched gcc does not include Apple's changes.  Try using
gccxml to preprocess (-E) and then compile with Apple's gcc.  This experiment
may reveal if there is something wrong with the signatures or if it is
an Apple extension.

The fix may be the same either way though.  Whenever gccxml cannot handle
a given compiler's headers we copy them into the Support/... directory and
patch them.  In this case you can patch the header to remove the function
body definition because gccxml only cares about the interface.