[GCC-XML] Facing problem to build gccxml_plus on Linux

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Sep 16 08:10:08 EDT 2010

On 09/16/2010 07:41 AM, satarupa pal wrote:
> But now problem comes as it's throwing compilation error for a system
> defined file e32cmn.h of my project for the line -
>
> error is -
>
> an explicit specialization must be preceded by 'template <>'
>
> and the line is
> TEMPLATE_SPECIALIZATION class RPointerArray<TAny> : private RPointerArrayBase

The intention of the authors of that code is clearly that the macro
TEMPLATE_SPECIALIZATION should be defined to "template <>" when
necessary.  A quick glance through "e32def.h" shows where the macro
should be defined.

However, it looks like that code was written for cross-compilers only
since it is part of a Symbian kit.  The gccxml tool is designed to
simulate the preprocessor of a given target compiler.  What compiler
do you usually use to build that code on Linux?  You need to specify
it like this:

  gccxml --gccxml-compiler /path/to/my/compiler ...

You can also add the "-E -dD" options to get the output preprocessed
as gccxml sees it.  This may tell you where the TEMPLATE_SPECIALIZATION
macro is being defined, or that it is not defined at all.

> It will be good if I can get the same source tree of revesion id 1.108
> from cvs.
> But there is no such option (I know about) of getting particular revison
> code from CVS.

You can checkout with the -D option and specify the date of that revision.
That will get the whole tree from that time.