[GCC-XML] EXTERNAL: Can't build gccxml CVS on win32

Davidson, Josh josh.davidson at lmco.com
Wed Apr 4 11:31:03 EDT 2012

Building gccxml for MinGW is a bit of a pain.  Below is the first set of steps from our internal wiki that seems to fix many build issues.  You want to make sure you're not using any part of Cygwin (including its cmake) to do the build.

* Change into the gccxml source folder
* Execute: find . -type f -exec dos2unix {} + (this is the Cygwin find command, not find.exe!)
* Make sure mingw is first in system path. We're going to bounce around tools, so just set it through "My Computer" properties
* Close any open command prompts
* And now for the trick that will save you from frustration sure to remove years from your life: Make sure Cygwin is NOT on the path. Easiest to just temporarily rename its root directory (e.g. C:\Cygwin to C:\Cygwin.bak)
* Fire up the CMake GUI.
<snip />