[GCC-XML]Patches for GCC 3.3.1

Patrick Hartling patrick at vrac.iastate.edu
Tue Aug 26 18:24:36 EDT 2003

Hi,
	I am planning to incorporate GCC-XML into my Ph.D. work, and I found
that GCC 3.3 is not fully supported yet.  I'd like to have GCC-XML
working with GCC 3.3 because that's the system compiler for FreeBSD
5.1-current (which will soon become FreeBSD 5.2).  Unfortunately, GCC-XML
0.4.2 doesn't seem to get along with a GCC 3.3 installation, so I have
done some patching of GCC-XML.
	After looking through the CVS logs, I saw that Revision 1.50 of xml.c
added some support for GCC 3.3 back in March of this year (*).  Using the
latest GCC-XML code from CVS, I made the attached patches that appear to
get GCC-XML working with GCC 3.3.1.  Output from my really simple test
cases look good compared to output from GCC-XML 0.4.2, but I would like
to be sure that my changes are actually valid.
	I made a new patch file for GCC 3.3.1 (gcc_331.patch), and I had to make
some changes to xml.c (contained in xml.c.patch) to get it to compile.
Based on the GCC CVS logs, I am pretty confident that my adjustments are
correct.  Any suggestions or comments on things that I may have done wrong?

  -Patrick

(*) Actually, I think Revision 1.50 added support for the GCC 3.4 code
base.  In particular, BINFO_ACCESSES() wasn't added until Revision 1.387
of GCC's tree.h, but GCC 3.3.x branched from Revision 1.367, which does
not contain the BINFO_ACCESSES() macro.  Furthermore, tm.h and
coretypes.h don't exist in the GCC 3.3 release branch.  This is reflected
in my patch for xml.c.

--
Patrick L. Hartling                     | Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick at vrac.iastate.edu                | 2624 Howe Hall: 1.515.294.4916