[GCC-XML]Argument names?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 30 13:32:29 EDT 2003

> Thanks for the answer! But I'm really interested in parsing header
> files, so there's any way to obtain the argument names for them? If not,
> there's any plan to add support for this?

There is no way to support this because GCC's parser throws out the
argument names before the XML dump occurs.  Parameter names are only
useful to a compiler inside a function body, so GCC has no reason to keep
them around for a declaration.

If you want to try to hack GCC to keep the names around, you are welcome
to try.  I don't know how hard it will be.