[GCC-XML]gccxml-0.4.2 on osx 10.2.8 with gcc 3.3

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Oct 29 09:05:22 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, james anderson wrote:

> i followed the instructions on the download page to development version
> from cvs. it would appear that the cvs checkout yields the code for the
> front-end only. this did build and "gccxml --print" does succeed.

That is correct.  The "cc1plus" portion is actually GCC, not our code.
The patch files apply a small hook to call code in xml.c, the only GCC-XML
code in the GCC part of the distribution.  The .diff file in the Patches
directory is designed to patch a checkout of Apple's version of GCC.

The gccxml-0.4.2-cc1plus-osx.tar.gz tarball contains a hacked old version
of Apple's GCC that someone sent me after getting 0.4.2 to work.  I'd
actually forgotten that was available.  Please try to build with the CVS
version.  You can get Apple's gcc like this:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.opensource.apple.com:/cvs/root
cvs -z3 -q co -r panther-release-branch gcc3

Then apply the patch like this:

cd gcc3
cat ~/GCC_XML/Patches/gcc_3_3_osx_panther_xml.diff | patch -p0