[GCC-XML]gccXML causing trouble on Solaris - 64-bi integer types

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 13 13:10:25 EST 2004

Belandor wrote:
> I'm trying to get XML output for a file including Solaris inttypes.h. -
> For some reason, gccXML runnig on Solaris 9 claims syntax error when
> parsing int64_t and uint64_t. - The same file compiles fine under Linux
> (Gentoo, glibc version 2.3.2). Anybody has any clue, what's going wrong
> here?
>
> Command executed:
> gccxml -I. -Iinclude -I/usr/include/  -fxml=cpu.xml cpu.hh
>
> Error message under Solaris 9:
> In file included from intmisc.hh:14,
>                  from cpu.hh:16:
> inttypes.hh:48: error: syntax error before `;' token
> inttypes.hh:49: error: syntax error before `;' token
> [... and a lot more complains about undefined types]

Somehow the compiler is missing the definitions for int64_t.  I'll need
to see the preprocessed version of the source.  Please send me the
output of this command:

gccxml -I. -Iinclude -I/usr/include cpu.hh -E -dD

If you are not using version 0.6.0, please upgrade because the command
will not work with earlier versions.

Thanks,