[GCC-XML] Adding GCC 3.4, 4.0 to Running.html? And VC8.0?

John Pallister john at synchromesh.com
Fri Feb 3 18:39:26 EST 2006

Hi Brad,

I've just joined the list as I'm starting a new project that will use GCC-XML,
as well as looking to start shifting my existing projects from Visual C++ to
GCC. It's great to see that GCC-XML is still being actively supported.

So I thought to myself, does GCC-XML support GCC 4.x? I checked gccxml.org, and
it only listed GCC versions up to 3.3.x, but your most recent list post
effectively states that you support 4.0 (which is great). So updating the web
page to reflect that would be fairly marvellous (depending on how frequently my
question is asked).

Speaking of new compiler versions, what is the status of support for Visual C++
8.0? Do you foresee any problems there? My six-month trial of Visual Studio 2005
Team Suite has arrived, and I'm keen to check it out...

Also, I was very interested in the recent thread on processing function bodies.
I've been looking at Elkhound+Elsa[1] (which is BSD-licensed) as an
"unencumbered" alternative to the GCC parser. I don't know how tricky it would
be to mate it to your front-end, though.

Cheers,

John :^P

[1] http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~smcpeak/elkhound/
--