[GCC-XML] Error with vcInstallPatch building

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jul 12 09:09:00 EDT 2007

Coockie_jr wrote:
> I DO have the reg key
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\InstalledProducts\KB926607
>
> It's 7 instead of  1 but that must be the language factor.
>
> And now the patch fails (same errors as before) again whatever patch I try.
> It seems I'm just going to keep VS without SP :/

Whether or not the "7" is a language thing this is clearly a different
service pack than I've seen before.  Also note the release date on the
web page you sent:

   Date Published:  6/30/2007

This seems to be something new under and old name.  We need to create a
new patch for it and update the build process to identify the new
service pack via the above registry key.  I can try downloading the
newer service pack and see what happens.  I may not be able to get to it
for a while though.