[GCC-XML] Error with vcInstallPatch building

Coockie_jr achille.talon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 09:26:54 EDT 2007

On 7/12/07, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> Coockie_jr wrote:
> > I DO have the reg key
> >
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\InstalledProducts\KB926607
> >
> > It's 7 instead of  1 but that must be the language factor.
> >
> > And now the patch fails (same errors as before) again whatever patch I
> try.
> > It seems I'm just going to keep VS without SP :/
>
> Whether or not the "7" is a language thing this is clearly a different
> service pack than I've seen before.  Also note the release date on the
> web page you sent:
>
>    Date Published:  6/30/2007
>
> This seems to be something new under and old name.  We need to create a
> new patch for it and update the build process to identify the new
> service pack via the above registry key.  I can try downloading the
> newer service pack and see what happens.  I may not be able to get to it
> for a while though.
>
> -Brad

If it's really a "new" version, it could explain the problems I'm having.

Testing on your computer and with a different language might also be
interesting although I had the same problem on an other PC with Vista and
Visual Studio Standard edition and with the same SP and vista patch).
If you need any information on my system/installation or other in order to
make the patch please do not hesitate.
I'll stay with the basic installation for now (unfortunately).