[GCC-XML] Why are C++ function bodies not dumped in XML?

Alan Conway aconway at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 16:47:12 EDT 2007

I'm interested in getting hold of a C++ parser to analyse the use of
types and #include statements in C++, I'd hoped gccxml was it but then
stubbed my toe on the fact that types used inside functions aren't
dumped.

I'd be interested in adding that if I can find the time. Can anyone give
me some pointers as to where I would need to make changes? Also any tips
on best practices, naming conventions for the XML output, policy on use
of elements vs. attributes etc. would be most appreciated.

No promises I'll every actually do anything but I've already scripted up
half of the analysis based on gccxml output so I'm somewhat motivated to
finish the job.

Cheers,
Alan.