[GCC-XML] ANNOUNCEMENT: Internal parser upgraded to GCC 4.2

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:23:04 EDT 2007

On 10/31/07, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hello, all:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the long-requested update of GCC-XML's
> internal GCC parser to GCC 4.x has been completed.  Since this is a
> major change I have updated the development version number to 0.9 (it
> was previously 0.7).
>
> GCC 4.2's parser is now the back-end lying inside gccxml_cc1plus.  The
> copying and patching of system header files from native compilers needed
> to help GCC parse them has been updated to meet the more strict
> requirements enforced by GCC 4.2's parser.  The main feature motivating
> this upgrade is support for simulation of GCC 4.2 compilers.  Previous
> versions of GCC-XML based on the 3.3 parser could not handle the GNU
> extensions present in the GCC 4.2 header files.  GCC 4.2 should now be
> supported as a target compiler.
>
> I've attempted to make sure that the XML output produced by GCC-XML
> changes as little as possible due to this update.  However the internal
> representation provided by GCC's parser has changed somewhat, and it is
> impossible to test all cases.  If you experience problems please submit
> reports to the bug tracker:

I try to build GCC-XML and fail.

The first error was in GCC/gcc/options.c file

/* This file is auto-generated by opts.sh.  */

#include "config.h/"

#include "system.h/"

#include "coretypes.h/"

Obviously such files don't exist. The quick and dirty fix is trivial -
remove '/' from the file names.

I guess opts.sh should be tweaked.

P.S. From 197 tests pygccxml has only 14 failed. I am investigating
the result now.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding