[GCC-XML] gccxml 0.9 and C++0x

Stefan Roiser stefan.roiser at cern.ch
Wed Oct 15 11:29:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

I started to try to parse some new headers of gcc 4.3(.2) like e.g.
<unordered_map> with a gccxml snapshot from 2008 Oct 10 - this forced
me to pass " -std=c++0x " to the gccxml invocation, the result were a
number of errors because of missing builtins, the use of a new
__attibute__ "__aligned__" in "type_traits" and the usage of the new C+
+0x syntax for "rh values" and "variadic templates"

Solving the builtins and the __attribute__ issues was quite easy, I
attach a proposal with a diff and change in type_traits.

Concerning the new C++0x syntax I guess this would mean upgrading the
internal gcc of gccxml to version 4.3? I believe at the moment there
is not (yet) a need for this in our group but would this upgrade be
possible in the future?

Cheers

	Stefan