[GCC-XML] MSVC 9.0 support

Peter Hackett Peter.Hackett at icmanage.com
Wed Oct 15 12:47:29 EDT 2008

I found some messages in the archive about MSVC 9.0 support
working as of around Apr 23 2008.

I'm having trouble getting it to run. I run it:
gccxml --gccxml-compiler Vc9 -fxml='FsClassesForSizes.xml'
FsClassesForSizes.h
and it says:
error: could not identify compiler via -E preprocessing

m_GCCXML_COMPILER: Vc9
compilerName: vc9
compilerID: ERROR_unsupported_compiler_in_gxConfiguration_GetCompilerId

Compiler "Vc9" is not supported by GCC_XML.
I've tried a couple of other names like "Visual Studio 9 2008" but couldn't
figure out what names it would like.

I built it like this:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=Z:/icmdir/icm/TOOLROOT \
-G 'Visual Studio 9 2008' ../cvs081014

devenv  z:/icmdir/icManager/qt4/gccxml/build/gccxml.sln \
/build DEBUG /project INSTALL

I figure I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing some necessary step.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?