[GCC-XML] ICE in latest GCC-XML

Patrick Hartling patrick.hartling at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 11:22:09 EDT 2009

I am using the latest GCC-XML CVS HEAD code on a 64-bit Ubuntu 9.04
installation, and I am running up against at least one segmentation
fault in GCC-XML. The error message that is display is the following:

% gccxml opensg.h -fxml=output.xml
opensg.h:22214: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

I have been working on trying to narrow this down using a preprocessed
version of the source in question. The current state of the input file
is here:

    http://www.infiscape.com/misc/opensg.h.bz2

I say that there is "at least one" segmentation fault because the
error message changed as I trimmed code from the end of the original
preprocessed source file. I don't know exactly what to make of that.
The original error message was the following:

opensg.h:175360: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

The full version of the input file is available here:

    http://www.infiscape.com/misc/opensg-orig.h.bz2

Are there ways for me to build or run GCC-XML to get more information
when an error like this occurs?

  -Patrick

--
Patrick L. Hartling