[GCC-XML] Compiling on Windows 7 ...

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 14 11:52:52 EDT 2014

On 07/14/2014 11:48 AM, Michka Popoff wrote:
> Thanks for the fix, that’s what I thought but I was not sure about it.
>
> For the build error, in fact I did not give you the right error, I’m discovering Visual Studio and I was not clear to me
> were the error was. Here it is: https://gist.github.com/iMichka/2b95142326bc2950a111

That content is just a log of the command sequence it was told to run,
not the results.  The IDE output window should have the real messages.

> I ran the command manually, Windows tells me it can not find the patch executable.
> I suppose I have to install this: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm

No, we provide a binary in the source tree:

 GCC_XML/VcInstall/vcCat.exe
 GCC_XML/VcInstall/vcPatch.exe

Perhaps Git is not checking it out with execute permission?