[GCC-XML]runaway during test

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 16 11:38:17 EST 2004

Craig Maloney wrote:
> Hi Brad.
>
> The build resulted only in a "gccxml" and there was no "gccxml_cc1plus"
> to be found in the build tree.  The behavior, now when I properly invoke
> gccxml ("gccxml input.cxx -fxml=output.xml") as opposed to the incorrect
> way in which I was invoking it before ("gccxml input.cxx output.xml") is
> to immediately report:
>
> Error: Could not run gccxml_cc1plus:
> No such file or directory
>
> I've attached the output of the build process.

You only have the GCC_XML portion of the source tree (the part that
builds "gccxml".  There is also a "GCC" portion of the tree that builds
"gccxml_cc1plus".

Please follow the instructions here:

   http://www.gccxml.org/HTML/Download.html

to obtain a complete copy of the gccxml source tree.  It should consist
of a top-level "gccxml" directory with "GCC_XML" and "GCC" subdirectories.

The combined source tree feature was only recently added.  If you have
an old checkout then it only has the GCC_XML portion.