[GCC-XML] Support for C99

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 29 08:39:40 EDT 2011

On 03/29/2011 07:06 AM, Kaisar Ul Haque wrote:
> 1.       Is there any configuration option in gccxml which can switch
> the compiler to gcc (C99 compatible) mode?

No.

> 2.       Do I need to recompile gccxml from source and use gcc (for C99)
> as the patched compiler, instead of g++? If so, can someone point me
> towards the details?

That is not possible.  The patch that performs the dump is specifically
integrated with the source code of GCC that relates to C++ compilation.
One would need to develop a brand new patch against the C99 compilation
code.

> I am assuming someone already has worked on this. Any information would
> be much appreciated.

There is no active development for that.  Our design goal is for C++98
support only.

I suggest looking at Clang:

  http://clang.llvm.org/

It's an open-source compiler designed as part of a modular toolchain
infrastructure (LLVM).  You can probably base source analysis tools
off of that.